[asterisk-biz] SIP to PSTN Hardware

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sat Aug 4 21:35:57 CDT 2007

On Sat, 4 Aug 2007, Arya wrote:

> I'm so confused. I always used to think everything was done with
> Asterisk. So what is the best Software and Hardware to do this?

   For small installations, I imagine it is.  But if you're talking about
larger-scale service providers, they need to have equipment that is both
more reliable and, at least importantly, scalable.

   Asterisk can take maybe one or two PRIs with hardware.  And it's a PC
chassis.  What if you need to take 10?  20?  Two DS3s?  What are you going
to do then, get 40 PCs - all that hardware, moving parts, and
possibilities for failure, not to mention systems required for them to
mesh?

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems