[asterisk-biz] Least Cost Routing Rates

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Aug 3 18:44:25 CDT 2007

On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Douglas Garstang wrote:

> Assuming you used several ITSP's, and you wanted to do least cost
> routing, does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to manage
> all the routes and their costs?

   There are a number of home-brewed and enterprise-strength LCR and
general call routing/settlement/peering platforms out there.  My personal
recommendation is TransNexus's NexSRS:

 	http://www.transnexus.com/

   We use it at my workplace.  Very robust.

> Would it be best to seek out providers that would let you periodically
> grab a rate sheet through some automated means? You'd then have to parse
> the data from the various providers and stick it in a database. The
> formats are all pretty similar so parsing and populating shouldn't be
> too tricky.

   TransNexus might be able to help here;  they certainly did it for us.
I don't think they expect anyone to be entering rates in manually, or
updating them manually.

> Or... what would be really cool would be if there was someone out there
> that already did all this, and published the rates....?

   I'm sure there are billing clearinghouses that collect this information.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems