[asterisk-biz] Port Your Numbers to DIDX

Suzanne Bowen suzanne at supertec.com
Thu Aug 2 11:09:58 CDT 2007

 On 8/2/07, asterisk-biz-request at lists.digium.com
<asterisk-biz-request at lists.digium.com>
wrote:

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 21:50:05 -0400
> From: "C F" < shmaltz at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [asterisk-biz] Port Your Numbers to DIDX
> To: "Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion"
>        < asterisk-biz at lists.digium.com>
>
> Here are my questions, see them inline.
>
> On 8/1/07, Muneeb Iqbal <muneeb.supertec at gmail.com> wrote:
> > In the last 2 weeks we have heard 2 bad news for the Telecoms Industry,
> 1'st
> > was Sun Rocket, Then it was allo, and now it is Pacwest.
>
> You forgot to mention that we now have 3 bad news stories, that you
> plan on taking their customers.

We do not plan on taking anything, CF. You and I have the right to be a
member of this list. It is a business list re: Asterisk. We are in that
business. Muneeb shared this proposal for solving a huge problem for many:
porting DID easily to DIDX, and routing the DID over SIP, IAX2 and/or H323
using DIDX. Many have taken advantage and are happy with it.

> > Pacwest seems to be closing its U.S. east coast network and it will be
> > affecting a LOT of customers in the VOIP industry specially.
> >
> > DIDX understand that it is important that your number keep running, and
> you
> > can port your numbers.
>
> Does that mean that a DID from DIDX increments with time? If not can
> you please define "keep running"?
>
> BTW, we don't need DIDX to port numbers, we can do without you.

"We" here is defined possibly as you and and your friends who feel the same
way you do. It is not the universe. If it were, then the 6400+ IP
communications companies participating in buy/sell DID on DIDX wouldn't be
doing so.

What makes you think that I feel more comfortable with you than I felt
> with them a year ago?
>

> > Please email us the list of numbers that you want to port to US and we
> would
> > love to process them.
>
> I would love to port this number:
> 202-456-1414

It's your prerogative.

> > The numbers require that you send us your last months bill along with
> the
> > numbers, and a request form, which you can get from us via email.
>
> Well, it will take me some time, since getting the bill means I will
> need to apply for a FOIA.

> > The Porting fee is 5$ Setup fee is 3.9$ and monthly fee is 3.9$ for most
> of
> > the United States.
>
> Now what the hell is 5$, how much does that make in USD? What is 3.9$
> how much is that in USD?

$5.00 to port the DID, $3.90 setup fee, $3.90 monthly fee for most of the
USA. USD applies. Thanks for the suggested correction.

> > This includes 5000 free mins with 10 channels or unlimited mins with 2
> > channels.
>
> Oh, I forgot to tell you, I can sell you the brooklyn bridge.

The offer for 5000 included minutes with 10 channels or unlimited mins with
2 channels, is correct, sir. We have ported several 100 already. Not a brag,
just a fact. Since we are in a position to to do this to make life easier
for many in the IP communications industry, we are doing it.

> > We are adding a automated process on the web site also, it will be ready
> > within next 7 days, Please keep watching for it on the web.
>
> In the meanwhile? How do I watch it on the web?

He meant we are "adding an automated process." It will be available in every
DIDX member's dashboard and also on a special LNP page at didx.net.

> > Please email us if you have any questions.
>
> I am, and I hope to hear back from you.

With respect, we appreciate your questions and suggestions to improve our
original proposal to the Asterisk-Biz list.

> > Thank You,
> >
> > DIDX Sales Team

Suzanne Bowen
Super Technologies, Inc. & DIDx