[asterisk-biz] What happened to SellVoip.net??

Wes Santee wsantee at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 11:01:12 MST 2007

Jed Stafford wrote:
> Not out of business at all, This guy just keeps making posts saying as
> such. Over a month ago we sent an email to all users saying to make sure
> they were using our DNS entries vs static IP's as we were moving to
> class C's in all locations. That change occurred a couple of weeks ago
> and some people had not read that email, or had not yet made the change
> which caused some users to stop being able to reach servers.
>
> -Jed
> SellVoIP

The last e-mail announcement I got from SellVOIP was in March, titled
"Exciting News from SellVOIP.NET" and it was about the new portal.
Nothing about changing from static IPs to DNS entries.

I even went to the troubleshooter site off the support page and had it
generate me a new recommended sip.conf section, and even *it* still uses
static IP's.  If there was a change-over, I would have expected it to
have been sung from the hills...updates on the main page, updated
troubleshooter, the works.  I entered a trouble-ticket on April 26th
that I'm no longer able to register and haven't heard a peep since.
It's probably the change-over from static IP to using DNS entries that's
causing it, but when the generated recommended settings say to use a
specific IP, that's what I use. :)

-Wes