[asterisk-biz] What do you pay for PRI in the US?

asterisk_help at iwishi.nu asterisk_help at iwishi.nu
Tue Apr 17 07:47:34 MST 2007

> True enough.  There is a trunk for each subscriber but the ingress/egress
> certainly could not handle all of those trunks simultaneously.  I would still
> want to know a ratio going into it, otherwise, I would just take my chances
> with a real PRI for slightly more money.

And a "real PRI" has exactly the same issue. The only thing a real PRI has
over the nontraditional PRI is that you ASSUME the company is larger and
has experenced engineers to monitor the network.

I remember in Minnesota when MCI hit the local market. The sales guys sold
to ISP's left and right. Their service fell flat on it's ass each time an
ISP was connected. Next move, they disconnected exisiting ISP accounts and
made the front page of the news paper and headline on the TV news. This
was back in about early 1997.

Ratio information only assumes you think you're a better engineer than
they are. Again as was pointed out, some customers might be grandma and
the other a telemarketer.