[asterisk-biz] 800 DID's

Eric Babcock eric at Molten.us
Sat Apr 14 08:11:33 MST 2007

Actually, Brian is not the only employee here at Molten.  I am the
President and Co-Owner and I watch the list, and once in a yellowish
orangeish blueish kind of colored moon I post...

So Let's go over some of your points real quick.....

* .us domain name

Well we are a United States Based Company.  This is not our only Domain
name, we have several. (a few .com, .net, and .org)  We have been using
this domain since we started.
* Website is incomplete and seems to be a 'template'.  Lacks phonenumber
(800 number, but no other number or fax, although the fields are there).

I just so happen to like our website, granted it needs to be updated,
but I have my development and design staff busy with other projects so
when they have time, I will have them also update our site...
Our phone number(Toll Free), and fax number(Also Toll Free) are on our
website!  They are located under the "Contacts" page.

* Forms explode out of pages (see contact and trial pages)

I thought you said we were lacking a "phonenumber" and a fax.....  The
FAX number is listed, just not a local number... If it's a local number
you are looking for, it's 407-373-1500...
* 800 number goes to an IVR which sounds very compressed (gsm maybe?)

As for the IVR well that's Asterisk with some custom prompts from
Allison Smith (She's AWESOME!)...  Maybe you know her, she did all the
prompts for the Asterisk System!
 * IVR has a very unprofessional message about rotary callers...
funny... but unprofessional for a corporate phone system.

And as for the prompt I put on there about rotary callers, sorry but we
don't accept them, and I doubt you'll find a VOIP provider that
does(Someone tell me if I'm wrong).
**To my knowledge, Digium didn't build in support for rotary phones** (I
may be wrong on this one though)
"And if your calling from a Rotary dial phone, HELLOOOO there's this
thing called touch tone sweetie, you might want to look into it!"
-What's wrong with that??  Everyone that has heard it loves it!!  If it
ruffled feathers the wrong way, well I'm sorry...

As for Molten Inc.  We are a Florida Corporation, incorporated in
Florida and based in Orlando.  Not only are we a Resp Org, but once our
applications are approved, we will also be a CLEC.

If you still have some personal reservations about doing business with
us, that's fine...  Personally, I have some huge reservations about
doing business with a company and porting 800 numbers when they are
using a free gmail account.  I prefer to actually use a corporate domain
so we can verify the numbers before we even think about porting them.
Another red flag that it throws up to me is the company that wants that
many numbers ported has a problem...

As far as professionalism at Molten, well I encourage everyone to have
fun and enjoy work!  It helps keep productivity high!  Plus everyone
enjoys coming to work!  If sacrificing some professionalism to get a
task completed properly and promptly is bad, well that's a risk I am
willing to take!  Although, I could hire some sales people and turn them
loose on the list, but I think money is better spent keeping services
running and providing the best services possible!

Eric Babcock

President

Molten Inc

Personally.. I'd have some huge reservations about doing business with
your company.  My issues are ones of professionalism.    To me it seems
like you are one person running your company.  That might not be... but
that's how it seems.

* .us domain name