[asterisk-biz] G.722 VoIP Providers

Craig Lawrence craig at mytel.net.au
Thu Apr 12 05:29:01 MST 2007

"... the frequency of voice is not among the most quoted VoIP problems.
Those are rather jitter (poor synchronisation of voice packets arriving) and
no voice at all or packet loss. Actually almost all PSTNs use the 8kHz
frequency that no one has ever complained about before, so necessity for the
HD voice quality is somewhat questionable."

http://news.asteriskguru.com/2/4461/2007/3/7/The_truth_about_High_Definition
_VoIP

Well, the pitch "HD Voice" does have a certain marketing appeal....even if
there's not that much real benefit.

Craig