[asterisk-biz] Re: asterisk-biz Digest, Vol 33, Issue 41

Norman Franke norman at myasd.com
Wed Apr 11 11:11:13 MST 2007

> Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 20:18:41 -0400
> From: Steve Totaro <stotaro at totarotechnologies.com>
> Subject: Re: [asterisk-biz] PCI-X E1 Card
> To: Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion
> 	<asterisk-biz at lists.digium.com>
>

> Matt Riddell (NZ) wrote:
>>
>> I was lying in bed last night reading a SuperMicro manual (as you do)
>> when I realised that the PCI E1 cards I have aren't going to fit the
>> only socket on the particular server I was looking at as it only
>> has a
>> 64 bit PCI-X slot.
>>
>> Does anyone do a PCI-X card?
>>
>> How far off is Digium's?
>>
>> - --
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Matt Riddell
>> Director
>>
> Sangoma makes one.  I ran into this same issue with a new HP DL320.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

Same here. While vendors make riser cards that can allow one to plug
a PCI card into a PCI-X bus, we just opted to get the PCI-X card
anyway. I figure that PCI-X is a little more future proof, and thus
got the Sangoma card with echo cancellation. So far, it's been
working great.

We had an HP DL320 that PCI wouldn't work until we replaced the
motherboard (a defect in their original design, apparently.) The
DL360 seems happy with the PCI-X board, however.

-Norman