[asterisk-biz] Phone Lists for Predictive dialer

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue Apr 10 08:49:17 MST 2007

On 4/10/07, Glenn Campbell <wcampbell at netstarsolutions.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a customer that would like to know what were good resources for
> phone lists to insert into a predictive dialer system.  What they are
> looking for is a list that has been DNC scrubbed and also able to search for
> lists based on multiple variables.  ( i.e. household size, income, etc.)
>
> The only one that I know of is infoUSA.  Any more out there?

if you are looking for US you may want to look into the DNC stuff more
closely, its on you to get (and pay for) the DNC and you arent allowed to
share that DNC.  As such getting a list that has been prescrubbed may not be
totally valid from a legal perspective.  There are other requirements than
the DNC such as not calling emergency numbers, doctors, hospitals, and other
stuff.  You also cant have 2 lines ring at a business at the same time.
There are both FTC and FCC rules on this. This is not a complete list of the
laws either (for example tracking abandoned calls, etc).

Some states require you to register, california for example wants a $100k
bond if you meet certain criteria on what you are doing.  California states
that you must do this even if you dont call from california, but only call
to california.

You really should find someone that is familiar with the laws and complaince
with them if you are serious about doing this.

as a pointer:
16 CFR 310 ftc telemarketing laws
47 CFR 64.1200 fcc telemarketing laws

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200
http://www.trxtel.com the VoIP provider that pays you!