[asterisk-biz] Q.SIG and voice tunneling

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Fri Apr 6 01:35:16 MST 2007

Hello,

Does it make sense to use Asterisk and Digium hardware for Voice and
Q.SIGsignals point-to-point transportation ?

Today's setup:
PBX1 --------- leased line --------- PBX2

Prospective setup:
PBX1 --------- Asterisk1 -------- IP network --------- Asterisk2 --------
PBX2

PBX1 and PBX2 are old legacy PBXs which are networked using some kind of
Q.SIG, and E1 interfaces.

As transportation is point to point, I was wondering if Asterisk and Digium
cards could be relevant for that as :
- we don't need to understand anything in what PBX are saying to each other,
- imperative requirement is to leave unchanged voice and signal channels.

Has anyone experienced that ?
What would you say about it ?

Best regards