[asterisk-biz] Credit Card and EFTPOS Support

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Apr 5 02:08:03 MST 2007

Craig Lawrence wrote:
> QUESTION
>
> We are not considering sending these calls over the Public Internet.
>
> If we use a Digium TDM400P x 2, 1 x TDM2400B or Sangoma A200d with 4 x FXO
> and 4 x FXS would any of these bridge the outbound call such that the call
> quality will not affect the performance and the Credit Card machine
> transaction function?
>
> Thanks
>

> Craig

Make sure echo cancellation is turned off when bridged and set the data
rate to 9600 on the POS if possible for best results.  If you can tune
your gains properly, it should work OK.  I have had many problems with
eventual success with this configuration for both fax and data.  I have
had much better luck bridging a T1 channel to an FXS since the gains and
echo seem to just work at rxgain=0 txgain=0 echocancelwhenbridged=no
echocancel=no.

Even then, it may not work 100%.  Your mileage may vary.

Thanks,
Steve