[asterisk-biz] G.722 VoIP Providers

Bruce Reeves breeves at nortex-networks.com
Mon Apr 2 09:24:58 MST 2007

Brian is right about the codec changing over the pstn and likely over many
ITSP's. I would say though, that we have deployed 4 of these phones with our
Asterisk 1.2 system, and while we are not sending G722 to the phone the
quality of the audio and speakerphone during conferences has been
impressive. We replaced Polycom 501's in managers office and the response
went from being impressed with the 501 to enthusiastic about the new phone.
The sound is simply richer, fuller and the clarity of the conversation is
great.

On 4/2/07, Brian Fertig <brian at molten.us> wrote:

>  I don't know of anyone supporting this codec.  Also the only way to fully
> utilize the HD portion of the polycom is to have one on both ends.  Your
> chances of one of your customers having that phone on the end he is dialing
> to is slim especially if it hits the PSTN or gets transcoded along the way.
> Honestly they are a good phone but not practical in the real world..
>

> --

> Brian Fertig
>
> Director of Engineering
>
> Molten, Inc.