[asterisk-biz] Digium G.729 codec binaries updated for Asterisk 1.4 on Solaris

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Sep 29 09:02:37 MST 2006

----- trixter aka Bret McDanel <trixter at 0xdecafbad.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 08:33 -0500, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> > The Solaris version of the codec binaries do not include any OpenSSL
> code, they link to the OpenSSL libraries dynamically. The Linux
> versions do have OpenSSL statically linked, and I will update the
> binaries to include the relevant license text.
> >

> Thanks that is all I wanted to know.

Also note that the Linux binaries were only very recently changed to statically link in OpenSSL; prior releases required the user to load res_crypto.so (or some other OpenSSL-using module) to be able to use them.

In any case, updated versions of the Linux binaries are now present on the FTP server, and emit the OpenSSL copyright and license text when the module is loaded.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer