[asterisk-biz] Asterisk based IVR

Jim Houser jhouser at trustamerifirst.com
Fri Sep 29 08:49:08 MST 2006

Hi to all,

  I have Asterisk in place today running beside an Avaya S8300.  I LIKE
Asterisk!

  We have an IVR connected to our Avaya via in-house T1, Edify software
running on a Dell server and based on a Natural Microsystems telephony
board.  I want to replace it with an Asterisk based IVR.  The Edify IVR does
do 3270 sessions with a mainframe for account look-ups.  This is the BIG
trick in this request.

  I do not have time to take this project on in-house.  I do not want to
offend anyone on this list but my senior staff will not allow me to take
this project out of the US since we are a financial company.

  I am looking for a VAR to do this for me.  I need a US based VAR that has
IVR and known Linux based 3270 connectivity experience.  I cannot take on a
VAR that is just looking for a new project.

  I will provide all hardware and the Digium T1 board.  I am not limited to
T1 only.  I have plenty of H.323 licenses in my Avaya S8300 and would be
open to discussion using H.323 rather than T1 if it is a better fit, or
purchasing the Asterisk Appliance Developer Kit rather than a standard
server and going that route.  I will provide a direct SSH connection to the
new server along with a VPN and local domain account will full access to our
LAN for the duration of this project.

  If you fall into what I am looking for please feel free to email me with
contact details and I will contact you for further discussion.  If it looks
like we can do business I will provide you account numbers to go into our
system today to see what you would be expected to replace.

Thanks,
Jim Houser, CCNT
Director, Information Technology
Amerifirst Finance