[asterisk-biz] GSM solution

Ron Arts ron.arts at neonova.nl
Thu Sep 28 12:33:01 MST 2006

Alexander,

If you look at cost. There are three types of gateways,
analog, ISDN and SIP (from cheap to expensive).
Analog gateways may cost you callerid, but they can be dirt cheap.

Suppose you use an ISDN gateway. Costs ~900 EUR I think.
Then you need 2 BRI channels, that's ~500 EUR for a 4-port card.
So this solution will cost you ~1400 EUR. Pricing in Israel may be
a bit higher due to customs. YMMV.

Alternatively  use a SIP gateway, which costs a lot more for 4
channels.( ~2000 EUR)

A Quad GSM card also will cost you ~1600 EURO.

Technically speaking: GSM cards are pretty new, and their
drivers are below version 1.0, which would hold me back
for production use.

The external gateway is very likely more stable, and you may
have spare BRI ports already available.

Ron