[asterisk-biz] GPX-2000

Andrew A. Boettcher techman at bitrix.net
Mon Sep 11 06:40:19 MST 2006

Our business has been using the GXP-2000 phones since April - we had one
phone back to GrandStream on an RMA - the LCD screen went out.

The only problem that the GXP-2000 has is that it cannot do a same-codec
conference call.  A g711 and a gsm call conferenced together is fine
(along with any other protocol), but if you are trying to conference,
say two gsm calls (or any same-codec for that matter), when you try to
conference, the first party will drop from your appearance buttons, but
will remain on hold in the system.  The call is irretrievable at this
point.

I talked with GrandStream's staff and they said that it's the DSP chip
that's the problem - it's a cheap phone, it's a cheap chip.  The
programmer did say that they were going to move to a DSP chip later this
year (Q4 2007) that will have this functionality though.

So, in a nutshell - if you allow all codecs through to your phone, it's
a perfectly OK phone.  If you only allow one, this really isn't the
phone for you.

-ANdy