[asterisk-biz] Response to KP Flemming...

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Sep 7 16:41:58 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 21:27 +0200, Matt Riddell (IT) wrote:

> trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> >> 3. Why do you feel the need to constantly attack Digium?  You constantly
> >> accuse everyone else of hostility and yet come off sounding like a 30
> >> year old with remaining teen angst.
> >>
> > I am sorry are you accusing me of something or describing yourself.  I
> > am truely confused about this.
>
> I know you are you said you are?  Nice Bret.
>
> (Truly)

um what?  That doesnt quite make sense.

> >> 4. Where can we download your improvements to Asterisk?  You have often
> >> talked of your h4x0ring d3cafbad skillz0rz and yet I fail to see your
> >> additions.
> >
> > Since this appears to be the best insult so far I will give it the most
> > credit and answer it the most completly.  Asterisk is claimed to be GPL
> > (its not according to the FSF on several grounds, least of which is the
> > loader.c lockout codes, and trademark issues).  For that reason I refuse
> > to contribute to it at all.  I stopped contributing publicly to any GPL
> > project.  I have stated this many times publicly and privately.  Its a
> > personal decision based on the nature of the license itself.  I have
> > even said this on asterisk mailing lists in the past.
>
> That hasn't stopped others who don't believe in the licence.
> http://www.pbxfreeware.org/ comes to mind, as does
> http://www.soft-switch.org/
>
> (Completely)

That doesnt change *my* feelings towards the license.  As such your
reply is less than relevant.  You asked why *I* didnt publish stuff to a
gpl project, I responded, to say that others have done it, um yeah.

> >> 5. Maybe decaf would be a better idea.
> >
> > Quite childish in total on your part.  You have revealed the
> > professionalism that you must give to your clients.
>
> :)
>
> I'm not worried about your comments about the professionalism I provide
> my clients.  Nor are they.  This has nothing to do with the conversation
> (unlike the fact that you are hyped up possibly because of too much coffee).

why do you keep stalking me on various forums and posting hostile
messages in response to mine, coming off as if you speak offically for
digium on legal issues?  I fail to see your logic in all of this, but
hey I dont have to.

> LOL, if you check the other places I attacked you today, you'll see I
> responded in much the same way to you before reading this post.

Yes that stalking is what I was refering to, where you sought out posts
I did a month or so ago and replied to them as if you are affirmatively
speaking for digium legal on licensing and trademark issues.  And before
your nap you were quite hostile, after your admittedly 3 hour nap you
appear to be less coherent but far less hostile so I guess it worked to
some extent.

Congrats on that at least.

Belfast IE +44 28 9099 6461    DE +49 801 777 555 3402
Utrecht NL +31 306 553058      US WA +1 360 207 0479
US NY +1 516 687 5200          FreeWorldDialup: 635378
http://www.trxtel.com the VoIP provider that pays you!