[asterisk-biz] Digium's response to posting of G.729 and G.723source code

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Sep 7 08:54:43 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 11:35 -0400, Michael Workman wrote:
> ONLY ONES WHO HAD WRITE ACCESS TO CVS WAS DIGIUM STAFF

yes and t hey rmed it and mark originally commited it (based on what
others said).  However in all fairness, and I made the same mistake and
admitted it at least twice now, I did not recall the word 'binary' which
was a qualifier.  Kevin never said there wasnt code that matched almost
identical (cept the LF/CRLF issue in one file) to what was posted on the
CVS servers, only that they didnt release a binary module of that,
instead they gave away code that used a patented process that is
licensed through the same clearing house as g.729.