[asterisk-biz] Digium's response to posting of G.729 and G.723 source code

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Sep 7 08:06:54 MST 2006

----- Andrew Joakimsen <joakimsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> So you are saying Digium has never distributed G723 and/or G723.1
> codec in any form?

Did I say that? No, I did not say that.

The response to the code posting clearly stated that Digium has never distributed a binary G.723 codec module. At one time, there may have been G.723 code in our public CVS servers, although it had no place being there and it should not have been available there. It is no longer present on any of our public source code servers.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer