[asterisk-biz] Fraud Alert: Tradevoice.net

Zac Amsler list-asterisk at netiqsys.net
Mon Sep 4 07:08:09 MST 2006

I agree that is a bad statement to make.. This whole thread is bad.

But I reside on the side of caution.. If an international carrier does
give a customer the shaft..
The plane ticket to visit said carrier is probably more that what they
owe you.
Plus legal recourse is most likely cost prohibitive.

When it all comes down to it.. The world is full of crooks. Some do it
legally.. some don't.
(Remember that last car you bought?)

We keep a running slush account for this use. That way when I get the
short straw. I am not left in the dark.
The fastest way to resole this issue is to expect it. Call it
"tuition".. "A good education." Companies loose millions of dollars on
this stuff.

Some tips:
- Research people who you send money to. I have had someone call me 4
times to make sure someone answers the phone before they opened an account.
- Deal with reputable providers. Quit being cheap and understand that
the services you buy cost money. You may pay a bit more that the next
guy, but the mid priced providers are most likely going to be around to
provider you services for a while. Thin margins = no profit. If I am not
making any money off of something it is not worth my time to support it.

* Please note that these thoughts are personal thoughts based on my
experiences in the industry.*

Cheers,
--
Zac Amsler, Network Operations