[SPAM HEADER] - Re: [asterisk-biz] Wireless SIP Solution - Emailfound in subject

Cory Andrews Cory at VoIPSupply.com
Tue Oct 31 18:32:42 MST 2006

Andrew - when I mention SIP interoperability, I meant to say I believe
Spectralink devices to not support SIP natively, I believe they have their
own line of media gateways that support SIP, but the handsets themselves do
not support SIP in the same manner that current WIFI phones from Linksys,
Hitachi, Zyxel and others do.  I don't think you would be able to integrate
their wireless handsets in a SIP environment without utilizing one of their
gateways.

Cory Andrews

  _____

From: asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Andrew Joakimsen
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 5:49 PM
To: Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion
Subject: Re: [SPAM HEADER] - Re: [asterisk-biz] Wireless SIP Solution -
Emailfound in subject

it is my understanding from about two years ago that they do support SIP and
the information on their website seems to suggest the same:
http://www.spectralink.com/resources/faq.jsp#netlink6
<http://www.spectralink.com/resources/faq.jsp#netlink6>

However, I've only worked with their older 900mhz gear.

On 10/31/06, Cory Andrews <cory at voipsupply.com  <mailto:cory at voipsupply.com>
> wrote:

To my knowledge, none of Spectralink's products support SIP natively.  They
have WIFI, DECT and and 900MHz wireless handsets.  They do offer some hooks
into enterprise, IP based systems, but I believe most of their interop
efforts have been focused on Cisco CallManager.

I have seen their products deployed with legacy systems and they do work
very well.

Cory Andrews

  _____