[asterisk-biz] RE: Nice Opportunity but Unique Challenge

Gerald Begumisa gbegumisa at yo.co.ug
Sat Oct 28 01:06:02 MST 2006

Hi Alan,

> If the OP can get mobile to soem of those countries for 5 cents a minute,
> sign me up too!

The volumes matter alot.  Apparently you may get a good deal if you have
enough traffic to the cheaper routes to justify the carrier giving you such
a low price to the expensive [mobile] routes.

> Interestingly enough while it appears that the
> ucc.co.ug website is legit, I wonder why the WHOIS for the
> co.ug domain says this:

Thanks for the catch.  I happen to have worked for the company which runs
the registry (http://www.cfi.co.ug/) for about 4 years.  I have notified
them about this anomaly because until recently delegation was done at the
third level i.e <something>.co.ug.  In any case, when second level
registrations started being permitted, certain second level domains were
reserved (.co.ug, .or.ug, .go.ug, etc...)

Incidentally, I wrote (and released as open source) the whois server
software being used at .UG:

http://freshmeat.net/cwhoisd/

Regards,
Gerald.

--
Gerald Begumisa
CTO & Managing Director
Email: gbegumisa at yo.co.ug
Web: http://www.yo.co.ug/

For a High Performance VoIP Billing Engine, take a look at YBS
<http://www.yo.co.ug/ybs/>