[asterisk-biz] Monitoring needs for Asterisk?

Tom Rymes trymes at cascadelinksystems.com
Mon Oct 23 13:02:53 MST 2006

On Oct 22, 2006, at 5:43 AM, Ivan Fetch wrote:

> Hello,
>
>    I'm going to develop some Nagios (http://www.nagios.org) plugins
> for
> monitoring production Asterisk installations, and I'd like for the
> plugins
> to be as useful to others as possible.  I've taken a look at the
> "Monitoring Asterisk" voip-info.org page, but I'm curious about the
> current state of need for monitoring.  Does anyone have current issues
> which you'd like to monitor for; things which have really ripped the
> proverbial table cloth out from under the PBX?
>

> Thanks for the feedback,
>
> - Ivan.

Ivan,

Monitoring of Queue statistics, such as avg wait time & the number of
waiting calls would be excellent.

Also, number of calls per channel (already mentioned) would be
especially handy for Zap channels so one could tell if one's PRI, etc
was getting saturated. I suppose the same goes for IAX and SIP.
(Every installation's data lines can only handle so much traffic....)

Sounds like a great project,

Tom