[asterisk-biz] re:Video IP phone

Jack chen jchen at netvigator.com
Fri Oct 20 17:41:58 MST 2006

Steve:

different people has different perspective.  Video was not common because of bandwidth and high price for terminals, but as the bandwidth is getting cheaper and cheaper, and the price for video is getting lower.  I am sure it will become more affordable.

Also, Video is not in high demand because there is no killer app.  Our Video IP phone can be intelligent home to control the curtain, door open/shut, TV....  At the moment, we have sold most of our video IP phone thru property developers for intelligent home/cyber living or whatever you call it.

As for SME, I am sure managers wants to talk with their overseas counter part face to face to save some travelling time and money.

With 3G and wimax, Video IP phone will be more attractive to residential customers.

Jack