[asterisk-biz] DID Sprint->Vonage->Self?

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Thu Oct 19 10:33:24 MST 2006

	I have a Sprint mobile phone# +1(917)549 that I want to convert to just
an incoming number forwarded to another mobile phone (Verizon
+1(201)370). I have an Asterisk server with a SIP account from a
backbone provider, but I'm not ready to assign the Sprint# to my
Asterisk server yet. I think I should port my Sprint# to (my existing)
Vonage right away, closing the Sprint account (and saving the $50:mo).
When I'm ready, I want to port the number from Vonage to my Asterisk
server.

	Is there any reason to believe that Vonage will stop me from porting
the old Sprint# out? I plan to keep my existing Vonage phone#, even
after I port the old Sprint# away from my Vonage account. FWIW, I'm
using about 100min:mo on the old Sprint#, and am open to other
strategies.
--

(C) Matthew Rubenstein