[asterisk-biz] Large Conference

Henry.L.Coleman henry.coleman at voip-pbx.ca
Wed Oct 18 13:57:32 MST 2006

Well, technically it would be fun to do 250 simultanious calls on an
asterisk box but my client would probably rather do 3 conferences of about
100 simultanious calls.
So here is the spec:

100 simultanious calls through a N/America 800 gateway
about 90% would default to "muted" but would have the option of speaking
if they toggle a button on the dialpad (*).
10% would default to normal two way conference.
The difference between these two would be based on the PIN number to join
the conference
ie. PIN #12345 = Spectators (muted) PIN 78901- Leaders (not muted)

In addition, a webcast of the conference call would be available using a
media player like MS Media Player or Realplayer. This would be accessed by
a  security PIN number.

Henry L.Coleman CEO
*VoIP-PBX* 1-866-415-5355
Toronto Ontario