[asterisk-biz] General Poll

Brett ranchlist at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 11:35:44 MST 2006

Hey guys,

I wanted to send out a general poll to get an idea of how/where everyone is
installing Asterisk and what troubles you have run up against that still
haven't been answered.

   1. Are you implementing Asterisk for SMB and/or going after the large
   enterprise/call center/hosted pbx?

   2. Are you starting to use SIP trunking from places like
   Sprint/Verizon/Bandwidth.com/etc?  If not, why are you still usiong the PRI?

   3. Have you been having trouble with clustering or high availability?
   Have you customers asked you for it?

   4. Are you having NAT traversal issues?

   5. Having QOS issues?  If so, what are using currently to try to
   combat it?

   6. Are your Asterisk servers starting to bog down.  How many calls
   bring it to that point?

That should do it.  Just a heads up, I work for Ranch Networks.  What I'm
trying to do is see what you guys are having problems with so we can address
them.  If you see anything that I didn't put down on the list, please let me
know.  Don't worry, I'm not trying to sell you anything.  That will come
next week :)  Seriously though, we make some great hardware for the Asterisk
community and we're always looking to make things better.  Primarly you'll
see our devices in the larger Asterisk install, call center, or if your a
hosted pbx/service provider.  Thanks for taking the time to let us know what
we might be missing.

Brett