[asterisk-biz] Irish DID - revenue earning

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Oct 16 01:46:40 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 09:21 +0100, Nic Hughes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone out there offering Irish DID's, especially in revenue earning
> ranges? We would prefer IAX2 delivery but if SIP is all that is
> available we will work with that.
>
> We will also be needing termination in Ireland, if the same supplier can
> supply both all the better.
>
> If so please contact me off-list as I have one or two clients asking for
> this.

Are you talking about geographic or non-geographic?

For geographic you are supposed to live or work in the area where the
did is from.  For non-geo (ie 076) you can live anywhere in ireland or
have "strong ties" to ireland to legally get them.

Providers have the responsibility of verifying that those conditions are
met, so it may be difficult to get anything in ireland unless you are
going to go grey route or qualify under what the gov rules are.

Strong ties isnt really defined well, and there is much more liberal
assignment of them.  As they generally cost EUR 0.20/min for callers,
there is room for revenue sharing.

Belfast IE +44 28 9099 6461    DE +49 801 777 555 3402
Utrecht NL +31 306 553058      US WA +1 360 207 0479
US NY +1 516 687 5200          FreeWorldDialup: 635378
http://www.trxtel.com the VoIP provider that pays you!