[asterisk-biz] Fonality acquires trixbox

Bob Smith bureau at inmte.com
Thu Oct 5 12:06:40 MST 2006

Well first of all having done support for some voip companies i can tell
you most of the business try trixbox and try to ft it in..
next step is the problem they don't have a clue on asterisk and start
changing configs manually and in the web part etc etc.
that where everything dies.. then they call support and say my thing
does not work..
I will now charge 99$ an hour for any trixbox related issues it's so
much messy

IT's great for the @ home noob don't get me wrong.. but ask any level 1
guy to mod it for a special circumstances and it will be a lengthy process.

not only that but WTF really decided to make hudlite so UN SAFE ! ..
ircd daemon with default passwords is doing the proxy between hud and
asterisk and creating channels to communicate , make calls and answer them !
EX: At the end of this email.

oh and i must say..
"    Event:doNewcallerid> set callerid on channel(Newcallerid)
uid(Newcallerid) to cid(Newcallerid)
         Event:trigger> Unable to trigger event. Reason: Unable to
process event via 'doEvent'.  Reason: Unable to process Newcallerid for
channel(Newcallerid). Reason: Unable to get channel details.  Reason:
Channel id(Newcallerid) does not exist at
PERL2EXE_STORAGE/F/Ast/Channels.pm line 1049."

Seems pretty messed up as it tried " I THINK" to change a callerid on a
channel or something and i didnt even do anything ..

i removed all that non sense from my dev box and permanently pushed any
thing trixbox related to > /dev/null

also the fact that everything is so DEFAULT and not PROTECTED means that
any noob ( these are the guys using this anyhow) wont protect thyre
install.. in fact scan for trixbox all opened up in your client base
ip's and inform them asap as they will get hijacked and rerouted.

Again why the hell did someone even think about using an IRCD system as
back end its easier to write a proper ASterisk Module that actually
works and is secure. ( up to a point)

   Relay:socketInput> Message: Missing action in request
         Event:store> Starting in the middle of an event with (Message:
Missing action in request) so we'll skip
         Relay:socketInput>
         Relay:onConnect> become an operator
         Relay:onConnect> Joining the following channels
         Relay:                  -- join channel(#upgrade)
         Relay:                  -- join channel(#device_state)
         Relay:                  -- join channel(#device_status)
         Relay:                  -- join channel(#transfer)
         Relay:                  -- join channel(#call_incoming)
         Relay:                  -- join channel(#call_parking)
         Relay:                  -- join channel(#call_action)
         Relay:socketInput> Response: Follows
         Relay:socketInput> Privilege: Command
         Relay:socketInput> ActionID:
neo_agents_status<Fluffy>Bunny</Fluffy>