[asterisk-biz] Fonality acquires trixbox

Ariel Batista arielb27 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 11:07:29 MST 2006

I don't under stand why Fonality would buy an open source setup.

Also Trixbox is just packaging Asterisk, with other items including Freepbx
which is an GPL item.

And the Freepbx works great for Business and in my view is far better then
Fonality which I have used as well and setup.

If your not able to setup Freepbx and get the many free support options then
your not really doing any reading as it's a very simple system over all. And
since it's back end is Asterisk there is not much you can't do with it.

On 10/5/06, Sergey Kuznetsov <asterisk_biz at deeptown.org> wrote:

> For the business TrixBox is too amateur, too much of hassle.
>

> GlobalOfficePhone wrote:
> > Wow!
> >

> http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/asterisk/fonality-acquires-trixbox.asp
> > http://www.trixbox.org/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=25
> >
> > According to Andrew: "I want to make trixbox a product that can be
> > used for business not just as a hobby toy."
> >
> > This is going to be VERY interesting!
> >
> > GlobalOfficePhone

Ariel Batista
Kasi International