[asterisk-biz] Toll Free Paid Termination

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Wed Nov 29 20:25:05 MST 2006

On 11/29/06, Mike Hammett <asterisk-biz at ics-il.net> wrote:

>  I don't think we've had any problems with their toll free termination
> service, but some questions...
>
> Their mailing address is in California.
> Their PSC filing is in Montana.
> Their web server is in New York.
> Their VoIP server is in Iowa.
>
> What gives?

You forgot that the corporate papers are filed in deleware.  We have more
than montana as clec status.  The webserver is in NY because one employee
(the sales manager) runs a webhosting company, and his servers are in NY.
The voip servers for some stuff are in iowa, they are also in other states.
The payphone traffic that we do for example is currently out of california.
We put our voip equipment at the tandems or as near as possible, as such
iowa phone numbers come from iowa.

The mailing address is in california because that is where the business
office is located, we feel that it is somewhat important to have a person
physically able to answer  the mail, since the billing department is in/near
sacramento, so is the mailing address.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 712 432 7999
http://www.trxtel.com the VoIP provider that pays you!