[asterisk-biz] Caller*ID Name solution for Asterisk

Mike Benoit ipso at snappymail.ca
Wed Nov 22 18:23:03 MST 2006

I'm curious, does anyone know what is required and what costs are
involved to gain access to CNAM data for purposes of allowing others to
do lookups?

Once you have access to the data its trivial and extremely inexpensive
to offer it to anyone who wishes. I'm somewhat surprised a group of
people haven't come together to offer a "non-profit" service that does
exactly this. I'm even more surprised that more Asterisk VOIP providers
don't offer it to their customers, even for an additional fee.

Is it really that expensive or that much of hassle to do?