[asterisk-biz] IAX2 ATA with 4-8 FXS ports

Mike Taht mike.taht at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 09:03:36 MST 2006

There is some interesting work going on with the embedded blackfin based
PBXen from digium and David Rowe.

Digium: http://www.digium.com/en/products/hardware/aadk.php (I note that the
final product should be much cheaper)
Rowe: http://www.rowetel.com/ucasterisk/index.html (g.729 working but
licensing issues)

On 11/21/06, Brian Candler <B.Candler at pobox.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone produces a 4 to 8 port FXS ATA which:
>
> - implements IAX2 (including trunking)
> - has the G729 codec
>
> So far I've drawn a blank. The nearest I got was the Atcom AG-468, but it
> seems the IAX2 firmware is only for the 168/188 :-(
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian.

Mike Taht
PostCards From the Bleeding Edge
http://the-edge.blogspot.com
"'What is Linux? - A very powerful form of birth control."