[asterisk-biz] Doesn anyone use Godaddy's dedicated server with Asterisk

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Fri Nov 17 07:49:27 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 07:55 -0600, Nate Carlson wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Nov 2006, Matthew Rubenstein wrote:
> > GoDaddy is notorious for letting you register domains that they act like
> > they own. It's notoriously difficult to transfer the domain to another
> > registrar, for example.
>
> Not to defend GoDaddy (they have plenty of problems), but I have
> transferred plenty of domains away from them with no hassle - not sure how
> you found it was difficult.

	I've heard quite a bit over the past 3 years, from delays in issuing
auth codes and others to force repeating the transfer process, to just
refusing to release domains. And they are squatting on a vast amount of
"parked" domains, like any other sleazy domain squatter, but possibly
the largest. So I've avoided using their service. Here's just a sample
of other people's complaints:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%28%22from+godaddy%22+OR+%22from
+godaddy.com%22%29+transfer+domain+%28difficult+OR+hard+OR+impossible+OR
+forever+OR+pain%29

--

(C) Matthew Rubenstein