[asterisk-biz] Billing Project

Peter Beckman beckman at purplecow.com
Thu Nov 16 21:18:15 MST 2006

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, Mark Adams wrote:

> Beginning in 2 weeks we will be providing pre-configured Audiocodes gateways
> to our clients so that they can use them and do hi volume telemarketing
> which will be outbound only. No features, No supplements. The issue I am
> running into is that we need the CDR sent to us so we can bill the minutes
> but we want the media packets to go straight to the termination provider.
> Otherwise I will have to constantly monitor my master account and manually
> notify my customer when their balance is low. I would like to put an
> asterisk box in the middle so that I can configure the gateway to send the
> media packets of the call straight to the termination provider but have the
> call details sent to us on our asterisk box so that I can bill them and not
> do EVERYTHING by hand.

  Use a local mysql server on those hosts, use cdr_mysql, then write a
  script to pull the CDR records from the DB daily/hourly into a master CDR
  server, where you can run your billing from.

  Alternatively, you could set up asterisk to rotate the CSV it uses for
  native CDR, grab the file daily/hourly, put it into a mysql db locally,
  then run billing.

  PS, please don't call me.