[asterisk-biz] Doesn anyone use Godaddy's dedicated server with Asterisk

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Thu Nov 16 14:14:05 MST 2006

	GoDaddy is notorious for letting you register domains that they act
like they own. It's notoriously difficult to transfer the domain to
another registrar, for example. They also squat on lots of domains that
they sell at a markup, then keep as I just mentioned. GoDaddy's bizmodel
is to own, for real or defacto, as many domains as they can, and
effectively lease them to people who will pay the GoDaddy fees that
subsidize their grabbing all the rest that generate no income.

	And GoDaddy's founder is a proud rightwinger, who donates some of his
profits to Republican politicians and organizations, if you care about
that. The consistency of his politics with his corporations' bizmodel
makes me care.

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 12:36 -0800, Kendall wrote:
> I am thinking about getting a dedicated server to run asterisk and
> someone on here recommended 1ad1.com but ther dedicated server is SOLD
> OUT so I want to go with  GoDaddy cos of theit pricing.
> So is there anyone that can share his experience with Godaddy?

(C) Matthew Rubenstein