[asterisk-biz] Consultant needed for project in Japan

Mitul Limbani mitul at enterux.com
Wed Nov 15 07:47:17 MST 2006

Kokmeng / Bill,

What I feel from the situation.

A) NTT might be providing PSTN line where by the callerID might be
passed after the initial ring.
B) CallerID passes before the first ring
C) CallerID passes after the first ring but on polarity reversal.
D) CallerID some other crazy implementation.

You may try hunting what kind of standards they have followed, and if
they are in tune with ITU standards for Telephony.

 From our experience with Indian situation, we find that all the telco
operators have deployed callerID in different fashion (i.e. one of the
above combination)

So Kokmeng, if you can manage to get that standards document which NTT
followed, things can be simpler to resolve from any other expert
Asterisk Hacker around on the Asterisk-Dev group.

Hope that it helps.

Thanks & Regards,
Mitul Limbani,
Founder & CEO,