[asterisk-biz] Port Sprint Wireless # to VoIP service?

Peter Beckman beckman at purplecow.com
Mon Nov 13 07:57:56 MST 2006

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Peter Beckman wrote:

> OK --
>
> I've tried 2 different VoIP providers, both of which are unable to port the
> number 480-213-xxxx.  If you are a VoIP provider who can get the number
> from Sprint, please let me know.  Most providers are charging $10-$20 for
> this, plus $1-2 per month and inbound minutes for 1.1-1.5c per minute.  If
> it is gonna cost more, so be it, I just need to know how much.
>
> Additionally, please contact me off-list for the full number.  I don't want
> to post the full number on the list, but I want to make sure that this
> number is either somehow unportable or too expensive to port reasonably.

  It seems it is impossible to port a Sprint Wireless Number, 480-213-xxxx,
  outside of a wireless service.  Is this true?  Anyone experience that?  It
  seems strange that you cannot do this, with number portability rules and
  all (though I don't know the rules, so maybe this doesn't apply).

  Has anyone had success in the US porting a Sprint Wireless number to a
  VoIP or land-line service?

Beckman