[asterisk-biz] Overseas service needed

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Thu Nov 9 08:44:08 MST 2006

<snip>

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of
the
> information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
> sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies and the original
message.

Was just Kerry or the list the intended recipient?  I am happy to reply
to you via e-mail, but I fear that I will just be perpetuating a message
that I may not be intended to have.  Unfortunately it is beyond my
powers to destroy all copies of the original message.

> Any
> unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding,
printing
> or
> copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail
is
> strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. The recipient acknowledges
that

Unlawful.. hmmm... yeah...  So how do I know if I am unauthorized to
review it?  Oh darn, I may have just broken the law.

> BTI
> or its subsidiaries and associated companies (collectively "BTI"), are
> unable to exercise control or ensure or guarantee the integrity
of/over
> the
> contents of the information contained in e-mail transmissions and
further
> acknowledges that any views expressed in this message are those of the
> individual sender and no binding nature of the message shall be
implied or
> assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of BTI.

No really I don't.  How exactly can a statement like that have any legal
weight even.  "If you received this e-mail, you have agreed to our terms
and conditions".  I think that the contents of this message,
particularly this silly useless disclaimer are 100% the views of BTI.

To all, can you please turn off your 5 mile long signatures about
privacy to the mailing lists, it's a little absurd.