[asterisk-biz] New Broadband Phone Service

Kerry Garrison kgarrison at techdatapros.com
Thu Nov 2 08:44:53 MST 2006

Why do we need to promote voip adoption? Its not as reliable and suffers from call quality issues. The people that are running around screaming about promoting VoIP (as in ITSP's) are actually doing more harm than good to the market. The only reliable VoIP service is if you are getting it directly from your circuit carrier so it never goes out onto the open internet. If you want to play in that space as a residential user, then be my guest, but in the business market where companies have to rely on their phone service to be up and actually be able to use their phones, then VoIP is not the right choice today. So NO, we should not do anything we can to promote it.

Kerry Garrison
Director of Technical Services
Tech Data Pros - Business IT Solutions
(949) 502-7819 x200 - HYPERLINK "blocked::mailto:kgarrison at techdatapros.com"kgarrison at techdatapros.com