[asterisk-biz] TrixBox/A@H/Asterisk Installtion in India

GlobalOfficePhone globalofficephone at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 09:28:54 MST 2006

Hello All:

Has anyone installed TrixBox/A at H/Asterisk in India?
I am visiting India later this month and I started thinking of some
questions:

   1. It is my understanding that making outbound inetrnational calls
   using an IP PBB *is* permitted in India.
   2. I know that terminating incoming VoIP calls (international) to
   local PSTN is still not permitted but isn't it OK to connect a local IP-PBX
   with local PSTN using an FXO gateway?
   3. If so, what FXO devices have worked better with Indian PSTN?
   Mediatrix1204, SPA3000, or has any anyone tried the newest Grandstream
   $-port FXO units?
   4. Of course, FXO cards is another choice - any experience with thise
   in India?

Thanks very much in advance for your insights.
GlobalOfficePhone