[asterisk-biz] CarrierClass.net project invites interested third parties

Stephane Alnet stephane at shimaore.net
Wed Nov 1 05:41:11 MST 2006

CarrierClass.net specializes in large scale, centrally managed, Free
Software IP PBX solutions. Our current model integrates Asterisk, SER,
and other components, to build a scalable, highly-available solution
that provides a centralized management software platform. We do not
directly deploy these systems, but instead work with partners or
interested customers to help them plan / design / implement their
systems. Our offering includes both full-cycle services, and a software
platform that enables the solution.

On the software side, our main focus for 2007 will be the Enterprise
market, and a rapid pace of features development; however our design is
suitable for hosted or managed PBX solutions as well, and may be a good
fit for IP Centrex solutions.

At this time our software package is still in alpha stage and not
available to outside parties, but preliminary documentation can be found
on our website. A beta version will be publicly available in early 2007.

We are currently inviting the following parties to consider our offering
and contact us for more information:

     * gateway manufacturers: we will natively support asterisk-based
gateways (using zaptel-compatible hardware, such as Digium or Sangoma
cards); third-party media gateway vendors are invited to contact us if
they'd like to have us integrate automated configuration of their
devices into the CarrierClass.net system.
     * phone vendors: our system provides complete provisioning of the
edge devices; our initial support will be for Polycom 601 and Cisco
7960/SIP phones, and interested phone vendors are welcome to contact us
with regards to integration of their devices into the CarrierClass.net
platform.
     * billing vendors: in order to address the future
hosted/managed/IP-centrex development targets, we are interested in
interfacing our centralized CDR collection engine with third-party
billing vendors; specifications are available on our website, and we
would appreciate feedback or requests from the community.
     * GUI/web-based engine designers: we purportedly offer a simple
OAM&P interface in order to facilitate integration with larger OAM&P
systems; however third-party software companies are free to provide
richer interfaces on top of our centralized management solution.
     * OS providers/integrators: although we plan to release a full
installation CD, our main focus is on stability and feature development;
interested OS providers and integrators are welcome to work with us to
add the CarrierClass.net management system to their offering.
     * integrators and phone system vendors who would like to use our
solution in their upcoming deployments are invited to review our
preliminary systems specifications and documentation, and provide feedback.

Website: http://carrierclass.net/
Email: contact at carrierclass.net
Phone: +1(866)387-1763