[asterisk-biz] VoicePulse engaged in very dubious business practices

Mitul Limbani mitul at enterux.com
Wed May 31 22:10:41 MST 2006

Hello,

Both the parties are @ fault after reading this.

David should have deleted all the DIDs which he didnt.
VoicePulse should have called up a customer who wasnt using particular
account, while using other account. Also every good customer service
focused organization  should have team who looks at client attrition
and would have been more pro-active and called up David, the moment he
stopped using the service to atleast find out why customers are leaving
them.

They gave refund which is something they had to give any ways,
otherwise customer would have filed for a charge back, which is a
nightmare for any merchant.

So there is a lesson to be learnt from both the perspective, never
complaint on a public list like this, for faults of yours, other lesson
is be a little more pro-active on customer servicing and one can
minimize such issues.

Any ways they are my views, flames > /dev/null :)

Thanks & Regards,
Mitul Limbani,
Founder & CEO,
Enterux Solutions,
The Enterprise Linux Company (TM),
www.enterux.com

Quoting Ron Arts <ron.arts at neonova.nl>:

> Well,
>
> I am not a VOIP provider, but I still cannot see why VoicePulse was

> being unreasonable.
> In my view if you don't read the newspaper you still have to pay for
> the subscription
> so the argument that you didn't actually use your DID for 6 months
> does not hold any ground.
>
> And that they charged one of your other cards seems logical to me. It
> is *you*
> who owe them the money, not that old credit card. They are certainly
> entitled to
> use one of your other cards you gave them.
>
> I'm not sure about the auto-renew though, but I wouldn't risk
> anything and send
> a written confirmation of the cancellation in any case.
>
> Ron
>
> David Pollak schreef:
>> Folks,
>>
>> I've been using various VoIP services for over 2 years.  I've used

>> just about every one.
>>
>> I had been using VoicePulse Connect which worked fine with IAX.  I

>> switched over to using SIP for various reasons.  VoicePulse's
>> support for SIP was very, very weak.  On a daily basis, I had to
>> call VoicePulse's technical support to get them to reboot the SIP
>> server so that my Asterisk instance would stay registered with
VP's
>> servers.
>>
>> Ultimately, I gave up on using VoicePulse.  I turned off
auto-renew.
>>  I deleted all the DIDs (or so I thought) that I had with
VoicePulse.

>> Yesterday, I got my credit card statement and VoicePulse charged
me
>> $41.03.  I called and asked why they charged me.  "Your account
>> dropped below the minimum amount, so we charged your card."  "But
>> disabled auto-renew."  "It doesn't matter, our terms of service
>> allow us to charge your card."  (this is a new feature of the new
>> terms of service and not the terms of service that I agreed to
when
>> I originally signed up with VoicePulse.)  This went on for about
30
>> minutes.  At a certain point, I started asking for a supervisor.
>> After spending (I kid you not) 5 minutes screaming "Are you
f**king
>> deaf, connect me with your supervisor," the rep finally connected
me
>> with a supervisor.
>>
>> Turns out that I hadn't canceled one of the DIDs on one of my
>> VoicePulse accounts.  Even though I hadn't accessed VoicePulse in
>> more than 6 months (for termination or origination) and despite
that
>> I had turned off auto-renew, VoicePulse charged my account.
Here's
>> the rub.  The credit card associated with the account that had the

>> DID is an old card and the number is no longer valid, so
VoicePulse