[asterisk-biz] European hosting

Christian Victor christian at victormedia.de
Sun May 28 15:43:53 MST 2006

Hi Terje,

> For this reason, I'm looking for a European hosting company
> (preferably netherlands, UK or somewhere else well connected to
> Norway, the rest of Europe, and the US), which can give me a similar
> deal to what 15minuteservers.com is offering.
>
> The thing is that I want to run my own machine, however I want more
> than simple colocation.  I want to rent the hardware as well, so save
> me the hassle of setting up and shipping a machine to a colocaiton
> provider.  Not to mention that renting is easier on the initial costs
> side.

here in Germany we are very satisfied with FNH media (www.fnh-media.de).
Quite small company but located in a big datacenter with own IP
connection and all that stuff. Service is very smart and fulfills all
individual needs. They have the major telephone carriers located just
next door (in the same datacenter) so telephony connection is usually
just a throw of a cable. The latency to the many of the VoIP carriers is
excellent.

And they sell and rent custom built or standard servers for reasonable
prices.

And you have some guy with telephony experience (me ;-] ) hosting his
stuff there. So in case something is f&%ed up badly wich cannot be done
remotely you'll have one more helping hand.

You can ping www.victormedia.de to check the performance. Its a machine
I have colocated there.

Regards,
Christian