[asterisk-biz] European hosting

Terje Elde terje at elde.net
Sat May 27 09:57:51 MST 2006

Hi,

Borderline off-topic, but it's intended primarily for VoIP usage, so I'm
hoping to get away with it.  :)

I'm currently a (very) happy customer of 15minuteservers.com.  Their
service is excellent, response times are great, price/performance is
terrific, peering is terrific etc.

I am however located in Europe myself (Norway to be exact), and I would
benefit from faster response times.  Latency between me and the server
is about 105ms, which is great for Norway <-> US, but still quite a bit.

For this reason, I'm looking for a European hosting company (preferably
netherlands, UK or somewhere else well connected to Norway, the rest of
Europe, and the US), which can give me a similar deal to what
15minuteservers.com is offering.

The thing is that I want to run my own machine, however I want more than
simple colocation.  I want to rent the hardware as well, so save me the
hassle of setting up and shipping a machine to a colocaiton provider.
Not to mention that renting is easier on the initial costs side.

What 15minuteservers.com is offering looks something like this:

Hardware
Enough IPs
Basic FreeBSD install
1TB transfer/month

And all that from $70 and up, depending on hardware specs etc.

Does anyone know of, or want to recommend, a north-european company able
to offer something similar?

If the same company happened to offer termination, or be located not too
far from a company that does (network wise), that wouldn't hurt, but
isn't a requirement.

Hoping for ideas,
Terje Elde