[asterisk-biz] Selling the source code for asteriskcallcentersolution

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Wed May 24 11:58:07 MST 2006

On 5/24/06, Michael Workman <mworkman at imbroadcasting.net> wrote:
> It don't mater... Its based on code from asterisk...
>
> Very simply put... We made a PBX Software that is .Net Frame work and has
> built in G729 / G723 / G726 / G728 but people are saying cause our software
> can communicate to asterisk we have to make it open source..

 Michael -

 Technologies that are patent protected, by default, cannot be GPL'd
unless the patent holder grants license for someone to do so. Your
example just isn't valid.

 If the software you've developed isn't based on Asterisk but only
communicates with it, then by GPL, I'd imagine that you can do
whatever you'd like with it. I am a firm believer in the open source
model whenever the opportunity allows. In the example you've cited, it
just simply is not possible. You appear not to be one who subscribes
to the open source model  and that's fine too. You're certainly
entitled to your own opinion and beliefs.

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/