[asterisk-biz] Call Center Software Questions

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Mon May 22 09:50:27 MST 2006

	Analysis of Asterisk scaling requirements needs more data from real
results ( http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Avoip-info.org+scaling ).
What kind of hardware do you use to service your 10-15K daily calls? How
many hosts of which type/speed CPU and RAM? Is a "day" 24 or 8 hours?
How many calls in your peak hour, that your hardware accommodates? Are
you using SIP extensions (on extra hosts/HW) or otherwise, and which
codec(s)?

On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 12:23 -0400, Matt Roth wrote:
> Erick,
>
> Over the past year, I've been working on migrating a call center off of
> a NorTel Meridian switch to Asterisk.  Our inbound calling is up and
> running using Asterisk queues and QueueMetrics for reporting.  Realtime
> listening to and recording of calls can be accomplished directly through
> Asterisk.  We handle between 10,000-15,000 calls during an average day.
>
> I am currently designing an outbound calling architecture using
> VICIDIAL.  It's still in the planning phase, but the developers are very
> helpful and easy to communicate with.  The predictive dialing algorithm
> isn't there yet, but it will be implemented soon.
>
> Unfortunately, an interface to manage day-to-day tasks will probably
> have to be custom written to suit your particular needs.  We are in the
> process of doing this right now so that we can offload these tasks and
> focus more on development.  The sheer flexibility of Asterisk and the
> variety of available configurations means that you're probably not going
> to find an existing GUI that does just what you're looking for.  Rolling
> your own shouldn't be too difficult, as long as you have well defined
> design goals.
>
> Matthew Roth
> InterMedia Marketing Solutions
> Software Engineer and Systems Developer