[asterisk-biz] Nufone appears to be on the rebound

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu May 18 12:11:39 MST 2006

There are protections in place already.  Get writtecontracts that protect you as a resellerand don’t make promises you can’t keep with that contract, or be a real phone company so you can own the numbers.

*RUMOR* has it (ie this is what I heard but haven’t independantly confirmed) that the reason nufone got shut off was they didn’t make their commitments.  If true, regulators should never be in a position to protect people that buy from companies that make promises they can’t keep.  If they did everyone would say they will do 100M minutes per month to get good wholesale rates, then if they don’t do the volume hide behind the law.  The solution is to be careful when you are a customer - 'buyer beware' - and only go with companies that aren’t  all talk.

This isn’t  the first time nufone has had issues with their providers, the first time, according to many media reports, was nufones fault for not understanding the services they were selling and they got taken for about $400k.  This time it _appears_ it was by making promises they couldn’t keep.

I personally would never use a company that has such a history, but that is just me.