[asterisk-biz] [OT] GXP-2000 handset audio issue

Lists Lists at ropeguru.com
Mon May 15 11:32:11 MST 2006

I have a GXP-2000 and have a problem where when I pick up the handset, to either make a call or answer a call, I cannot hear any audio. It seems that it is a receive audio issue only as the other party can here me. Sometimes if I unplug the cord from the hanset and then move the plug in and out of its socket, I can get a little bit of static in the ear pice and afterwards the receive audio works. After getting it to work it is fine for the duration of the call but future uses are intermittent, sometimes they work as expected sometimes not.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have tried a different handset and a different cord, neither help. The unit is out of warranty from the suplier and email to Grandstream go completely unanswered. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Robert