[asterisk-biz] Micro Billing

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Wed May 10 14:53:38 MST 2006

On 5/10/06, Fred Cole <fred at bluespheretech.biz> wrote:
>  I am looking for a  billing processor that can handle  micro billing.   By
> micro billing i mean the  ability to charge someone's credit card for  $.50
> or $.90 along with a small fee.  Aggregated billing accounts will  not
> suffice.

Most any payment provider will let you process amounts under $1.00.
The minimum amount is usually decided by the card association, not the
payment gateway.  However, depending on your business model what you
want to do might not be viable.   Best case you are probably looking
at total (merchant account + payment provider) per transaction fees of
around $.35 and a discount rate of at least 2%, probably closer to
2.5%.  Per transaction fees are usually negotiable to a certain extent
if you have high volumes (10,000 per month or so), while discount
rates are usually not negotiable until you are processing in the
millions per month.

Chris